Encrypted Reviews are looking for a Japanese Translator to interpret written English and translate into Japanese, making sure to maintain their original meaning, format and tone.
Our site is dedicated to writing quality reviews and how to guides for the crypto and blockchain space. Our content includes reviews of bitcoin casinos, bitcoin games, crypto exchanges, crypto wallets and helpful guides to help newbies get started using cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum. So whilst the skills we are looking for are mostly awesome languages skills we would be super happy if you understood a little bit about cryptocurrency, blockchain, bitcoin or at least general trading online.
The Japanese Translator responsibilities include reading and thoroughly understanding the context of the given material, using specialised dictionaries and translation tools and proofreading finished pieces of work. To be successful in this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and be fluent in Japanese and English. Ideally you are mother tongue is Japanese and English is at a native level.
Ultimately, you will provide ready-to-use translated content that meets our internal needs and helps us reach a broader audience.
Japanese Translation – Main Responsibilities:
- Read given material in English and research industry-specific terminology
- Convert text from English to the Japanese language
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone
- Prepare subtitles for videos and online presentations
- Cross-reference specialised dictionaries and translation tools to check the quality of translation
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy
- Follow up with internal team members to ensure translation meets their needs
- Edit content to maintain its original format (e.g. font and structure)
Japanese Translator – Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Translator, Interpreter or similar role
- Fluency in English and Japanese is a must
- Excellent proofreading skills with the ability to identify grammar, spelling and punctuation errors
- Good knowledge of content editing tools
- Familiarity with translation software
- Time-management skills
- BSc in Translation, Interpreting or similar field
- Additional certification in Linguistics is a plus
Apply for this job here